FEES AND FINANCIAL CONDITIONS FOR SCHOOL
Annual fees for new enrolled students
for the 2020/2021 academic year
(the fees are in euro)
|Stage of education/ Grade||Students bornin:||Admission fee||Guarantee deposit||Educational resources||ANNUAL FEE|
|1 installment||2 installments||3 installments||10 installments|
|PG - I||2014 - 2013||500||1 000||375||8 825||2x 4545||1x 3500||2x 3016||1x 3500||9x 690|
|II - III||2012 - 2011||500||1 000||375||9 025||2x 4648||1x 3500||2x 3124||1x 3500||9x 714|
|IV - VII||2010 - 2007||500||1 000||375||9 525||2x 4905||1x 3500||2x 3394||1x 3500||9x 775|
|VIII - X||2006 - 2004||500||1 000||450||6 350||2x 3270||1x 3500||2x 1679||1x 3500||9x 387|
|ХI - XII||2004 - 2002||500||1 000||450||7 150||2x 3682||1x 3500||2x 2111||1x 3500||9x 485|
1. Admission fee
The Admission fee is a one-off payment and it is not subject to reimbursement. It is due when applying to St. George International School&Preschool. The fee covers expenses for examination documents, stay of the candidate at school on a trial day with food included, entry examination and the subsequent administrative service.
- The admission fee for children from St. George Preschool and applying for St. George School is at the amount of 250 euro;
- The admission fee is not applicable for students, enrolled in St. George School and applying for 5th and 8th grade.
2. Warranty payment
The warranty payment deposit is a lump-sum that has to be paid when signing the contract. It serves as a guarantee for keeping the place of the child in school, and may serve as a compensation for delays in payment or damages caused by the child to the facilities. The remaining is a subject to reimbursement after the completion of tuition or in case of leaving the school.
3. Annual Tuition FeeThe annual tuition fee covers:
- Teaching process in accordance with the Bulgarian National Standards of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria, Cambridge Primary School for Primary Education and Cambridge International School for Secondary Education until 15:30 h;
- Speech status of the child up to grade IV– performed twice a year;
- Annual accident insurance;
- Educational visits to cultural and historical places of interest in the city of Sofia, museums, theaters, etc.
- Educational resources fee
- Participation of the student in blocks from the optional curriculum after 15:30 h - sport, music and performing arts, technology and design, self-preparation, etc.;
- Fresh juice
- School uniform;
- School trips (“green” and “white school”);
- Excursions outside the city of Sofia;
- Examination fees for:
- Cambridge Primary Statement of Achievement - 10/11 years of age;
- Cambridge Secondary Statement of Achievement - 13/14 years of age;
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education Cambridge (IGCSE) – 16 years of age;
- International Advanced Level Certificate (А-level) – 18/19 years of age.
The food fee is calculated and paid separately from the annual fee. The students have four meals per day: breakfast, morning snack, lunch with a choice of 4 dishes /salad, soup, main dish and dessert – the children can choose from several kinds of each dish/ and afternoon snack.
The food fee for the 2020-2021 school year will be defined and announced in April 2020. Optionally, parents can request the addition of fresh juice once per day with the afternoon snack.
The consumed food is registered at the cash-desk in the canteen using the personal identification carrier (access card) of each student.
The fee is formed based on the number of school days for each school year and is paid in one (annual) or two installments (prior to the beginning of each term). At the end of the academic year, a recalculation is performed to equalize the paid and the consumed food by the student.
The service is provided by an independent licensed company for student transportation ‘Ролита 97П ЕООД’ according to their own set terms and conditions for children aged 5 or older. The transport fee is calculated and paid separately from the annual fee according to the method of payment chosen by the parents. Communication in relation to requesting, organisation and administration of the service is established directly between parent and driver as every parent, who has requested a transportation service, signs an individual contract with ‘Ролита 97П ЕООД’.
6. Educational resources
The amount of the educational resources fee is determined for each school year. It is due with the first installment according to the payment plan chosen by the parents, it is payed separately from the annual tuition fee and is not subject to reimbursement in case of leaving the school.
Educational Resources fee covers the usage and subscription to online platforms, basic and additional textbooks, basic pack of notebooks, organizer, school mark book and card, school materials, practical trainings, etc.
7. Examination fee
Examination fee is calculated for students, enrolled in 4th, 7th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade. It is determined for every school year and is due with the first installment according to the payment plan chosen by the parents and is paid separately from the annual tuition fee.
8. Blocks from the optional school programme after 15.30 h
When signing the tuition contract, the parents may request the participation of the student in a number of sport, music and performing arts, technology and design, self-preparation, etc. blocks from the optional school programme after 15:30 h, for which an additional fee is due.
The fee for participating in these blocks should be paid in two installments (before the beginning of each term) and is not subject to reimbursement in case of refusal to visit the activities.
9. Signing the contract
The contract has to be signed after an admission procedure has been passed and a confirmation for admission of the applicant has been sent to the parents of the candidate. The contract for the next academic year is subject to annual re-signing until April 30th of the current academic year.
10. Annual indexation
- When signing a contract for a stage of education (Preparatory–4, 5-7, 8-10 and 11-12 grade) the fixed rate of increasing the fees for every consecutive year is at the rate of 2,5% per year according to the previous one to which is added the amount of the index of growth of the average annual salary of the employees under an employment relationship in the private sector Education or the growth of the average annual consumer price index for the respective year at the discretion of the school management.
- When signing one year tuition contract and the parents wish to resign the contract for the next academic year, the annual tuition fee is equal to the announced new entry fees for the following year.
- The financial terms for every consecutive school year are determined by the Management of the school no later than February 1st of the current year.
11. Fees discounts
- Discounts from the tuition fee: a 5% discount is provided upon enrollment of a second child from one family; a 10% discount – for each subsequent child from the family. For twins – 15% discount for one of the twins;
- Discounts do not apply to: warranty payment, educational resources fee, examination fee, school trips (“green” and “white school”), school uniform, food, participation in the blocks of the optional school programme after 15:30 h;
- In case there is an option for more than one type of discount, the calculations are based on the highest discount, without accumulation.
12. Entry after the start of the school year
Upon entering a student after the beginning of the school year, the tuition fee is reduced proportionally to the missed number of school days from the beginning of the school year to the day of the student's enrollment. Educational resources fee, examination fee and warranty payment are not a subject of reduction.
13. Leave school before the end of the school year
In case of termination of a student’s tuition contract before the end of the school year and a kept requirement for one-month notice, the tuition fee is reimbursed on the basis of the requested leave date according to the following periods:
- from 15 September until 30 October - 25%;
- from 1 November until 31 January - 20%
- from 1 February until 31 March - 15%;
- after 1 April - 10%.
Educational resources fee is not a subject of reimbursement.