The children and students at St. George International School & Preschool are educated in knowing and caring for healthy food and are also taught etiquette and table manners. All meals are prepared on-site in the school kitchen. The food is made from environmentally friendly products from certified manufacturers, which have all the necessary documentation in proof of the origin and expiry period of the products. The food is being prepared in accordance with the Bulgarian Institute for Standardization (BDS) and Bulgarian Agency for Food Safety (BABH). The method of preparation implements proven techniques of steaming, braising, frying without oil or with a low quantity of oil, as well as the use of traditional Bulgarian spices and herbs. The staff is empathetic with St. George International School & Preschool’s policy: "We do not offer our students food that we would not give to our own children”, which means that each dish should be: without added colourants, stabilizers and preservatives and should be freshly prepared, with quality products. Children and students eat on the following schedule:
- Morning breakfast until 8.15 am.
- Morning snack at 10.00 am (fresh fruits).
- Lunch between 12.00 and 13.30 - offering salad, soup, main dish and dessert. Students choose from several dishes.
- Afternoon snack at 15.30 - 16.00 pm.
- Fresh juice - with the afternoon snack for the students at St. George International School & Preschool upon prior request and payment