At St. George International School & Preschool we support students’ individual talents and capabilities. In this regard, every year we grant full scholarships per stage of education for students with keen interest in the field of Mathematics, Sport and Arts, and need financial support to cover their tuition fees.
The scholars need to meet certain requirements and follow the Scholarship procedure.
- Scholarships are awarded as financial aid for students, whose parents need support for covering the tuition fees;
- Scholarships are available for the following stages of education: 5th – 7th grades; 8th – 12th grades;
- The scholarship covers:
- Textbooks, workbooks and all additional manuals and school appliances needed for the academic process;
- Sports within the compulsory academic programme;
- Art activities within the compulsory academic programme;
- Excursions in the city of Sofia;
- Fees for competitions in Sofia, in which the School participates.
- The scholarship does not cover:
- Cambridge Primary Statement of Achievement, Cambridge Secondary Statement of Achievement, International General Certificate for Secondary Education (IGCSE), International Advance Level Certificate (A-Level) examination fees;
- Excursions outside Sofia.
* The Management team of the School may decide to cover the expenditures for participation in educational competitions or events abroad.
The applicants for the Scholarship programme need to meet the following criteria:
- To have completed 4th or 7th grade this academic year;
- To provide documentation stating the financial status of the parents:
- a note from the parents' employers stating the gross and net income per year;
- a tax statement of the parents who have their own business;
- To have been studying English for at least 2 years;
- To have an excellent academic performance.
- Submission of required documentation;
- Payment of Admission Fee at the amount of 250 EUR;
- Pre-selection based on submitted documents;
- The selected applicants sit a written examination in:
- Bulgarian Language and Literature;
- Interview - performed with students, who have passed the examination successfully.
* The application of candidates who have been awarded in National or International competitions in the respective subject prevails.
SCHOLARSHIP CAMPAIGN 2017-2018 CALENDAR
|3 April 2017||Deadline for submission of documents|
|4 April – 6 April 2017||Review of the documents|
|7 April 2017||Announcement of selected applicants (based on documentation submitted)|
|19 April 2017||Examination in Mathematics|
|19 April 2017||Examination in Bulgarian Language and Literature|
|19 April 2017||Examination in English|
|24 April 2017||Results announcement|
TERMS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The student must have GPA of at least 5.00 in each subject for the period of the scholarship. In case the student fails to achieve it, the School provides the chance to the student to improve the GPA during the next term.
In case the student fails to improve the GPA and maintain high level of knowledge and performance during the given period of time for results improvement, the student loses the entitlement to scholarship.
The student must observe strictly the Behaviour Policy of the School and be ethical in his relationships with peers, teachers and staff during the period of scholarship.
Also, in case the student involves in situations with inappropriate behaviour and falls under sanctions in compliance with the Behaviour Policy, the student loses the entitlement to scholarship.