St. George International School & Preschool seeks to enlist students with high academic results who will contribute the academic programme applied at the School.
It is important for us to give full and clear information for the organisation of the learning process, the aims and the philosophy of St. George International School & Preschool in order for the parents and the students to make an informed decision when choosing a school. We encourage the conduction of information meetings with the Admission and Communication department.
The formation of the classes is based on clearly stated criteria so all students can take advantage of the school program, which is applied in school, to the full degree. The classes in primary stage are with the capacity of 15 students and gradually enlarge to 22 students in high school.
All children can be enrolled at St. George International School & Preschool regardless their race, religion, nationality, ethnicity and gender.
For the 2018/2019 academic year St. George International School & Preschool accepts applications for:
- Kindergarten for children between the ages of 2 and 5;
- Preparatory grade*;
- First grade*;
- Fifth grade;
- Eight grade*;
- Tenth grade – through the Exclusive Scholarship.
* The teaching in English language in Preparatory grade, grade 1 and grade 8 depends on the level of command of the language of the students – beginners and advanced.
Admission is possible in other grades, in case of available vacancies. There is a possibility to have no vacancies in certain grades. In such a case the candidates can be put in the waiting list.
The admission process is based on: date of birth, academic potential, students’ maturity level, school readiness for the respective grade, academic results and references and participation in projects and competitions.
The entry evaluation serves as a baseline assessment of students’ current knowledge and skills.
The final decision is formed on the following core criteria:
- Student’s readiness for current grade;
- Student’s maturity level;
- Compatibility between the criteria and expectations of the parents and the School in regard to the personal and academic development of the student, as well as cooperation for achieving common goals and compliance with the approved School rules.
St. George International School & Preschool reserves the right to make a conditional or unconditional offer to a student, or reject to make an offer.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS
Every candidate-student needs to pass the admission procedure according to the age and grade in order a decision for admission to be taken. The admission procedure is coordinated by Admission and Communication Manager.
Procedure for admission in the Kindergarten
Application Form submission. The application form is considered valid when it contains full information required for each of the sections.
Admission decision – The Admission and Communication Manager notifies the parents for the availability of vacancies in the group they are applying for, within 7 business days of receipt of the Application Form.
2.1. Within 10 days of receipt of confirmation for admission and setting the starting date, the parents have to sign the contract and pay the deposit (it is subject to reimbursement or may be deducted from the last monthly fee upon leaving the kindergarten) and the first tuition fee. The birth certificate of the student has to be presented upon signing of the contracts.
2.2 In case there are no vacancies available, the parents can submit an Application Form for Waiting List Enrollment and they will be informed for admission as soon as there is availability.
Required documents for admission:
The following documents are required for submission on the first day of attendance in the Kindergarten:
- Result of stool test for intestinal helminths;
- Result of stool test for Shigella, Salmonella and pathogenic coli;
- Result of perianal tape impressions to diagnose pinworms;
- Blood and urine test results;
- Note from the child’s physician stating that the Child is in good health (the note is valid for 3 days after it has been issued);
- Personal health card (filled in by the Child’s physician);
- Vaccination status of the child (translation into Bulgarian is necessary for foreign citizens);
- Wassermann and HIV test result of one of the parents for admitted children younger than 3 years of age.
Procedure for admission in the School
Application Form submission – at least 10 days prior to the preferred date for entry examination.
The Application Form is considered valid when it contains full information required for each section and accompanied by a copy of the following documents:
- Document for completed grade/stage of education when applying after 1stgrade;
- Academic script/reference when applying after 1stgrade;
- References from previous educational institutions if the applicant has attended any;
- Certificates of courses of competitions if the applicant has attended any.
Entry examinations – within 5 days of receipt of the Application Form, the successful applicants are notified by email that they were admitted to the next stage of the Admission procedure – conducting an entry examinations. The email contains detailed information regarding the organisation and an admission invoice.
Admission fee payment – It is a one-off payment and it is not subject to reimbursement. The Admission fee covers expenses for staying in the School, materials, tests, interviews and further administrative service. It is necessary to be paid prior to the entry examination and after an invoice is issued. The payment is made via:
- POS terminal in the School building;
- Bank transfer.
Entry examination – it determines the students’ readiness for the respective grade, their learning abilities, level of socialisation and adaptation, level of English. This summarized assessment provides the option for individual approach to the student and balanced combining of the classes in order to achieve effective learning process.
Sitting an entry exam – on the particular examination day, the student visits the School from 08:00 h to 14:00 h. During the visit the student immerses in the academic environment, takes part in different teaching-learning situations and meanwhile sits the respective exams. Children have breakfast, morning snack at 10:00 h and lunch. It is necessary that the applicant wears indoor shoes.
- Preparatory grade and 1stgrade: The applicant sits a test for school readiness in Bulgarian and also a combined test in English;
- Grade 2: The applicant sits a test in Bulgarian Language and also a combined test in English;
- Grade 3 and Grade 4: The applicant sits tests in Bulgarian Language and Literature, a combined test in Science and a combined test in English;
- Grade 5 to Grade 10: The applicant sits tests in Bulgarian Language and Literature, Essay, a combined test in Science and a combined test in English;
Results – Within 14 days of carrying out the entry examinations, the parents receive an email with student’s results. If the student is admitted to the School, their future teachers get acquainted with the exam papers, which will assist the individual approach toward the student’s further educational development.
Parents have the opportunity to see the exam materials. If they wish so, an appointment should be made with the Admission and Communication Manager.
5.1 In case the applicant covers the admission requirements within 7 days of receiving the results and after the parents get familiarized with the exam analysis, they should schedule a meeting with the Chief Executive Officer through the Admission and Communication Department. Within 3 days after the meeting with the CEO, the Admission and Communication Manager sends a written statement to the parents on the decision made about the admission of the applicant.
5.2 In case the results of the applicant indicate that it might be difficult for them to integrate and advance in School, the parents receive a reasoned rejection and recommendations by Admission and Communication Manager.
In any case St. George International School & Preschool reserves the right to make a conditional or unconditional offer of a place, or reject to make an offer.
Enrollment of admitted students – Within 3 days of receiving the email stating that the applicant is admitted to the School, parents have to submit an Application of Admission and follow the procedure for signing the tuition contract.
In case the applicant covers the admission requirements, but there is no vacancy available for the respective grade, the parents have to submit an Application for Enrollment in a waiting list and they will be informed as soon as there is availability.
Signing a contract and deposit payment
After signing the contract and the deposit and tuition fee are paid, the student is considered to be officially enrolled at St. George International School & Preschool and is registered in the Book of students for compulsory education for students aged 16 and under.
The following documents are required when signing the contract:
- Copy of the Birth certificate;
- Personal preventive health card;
- Certificate for transfer issued by student’s previous school (in case of change of the educational institution).
Updated on 5th September 2018.
To be revised on 31st June 2019.